12.03.2005

Favorite New-to-me Artists of 2005

Regular readers will well know my proclivity for lists. Now with the year drawing to a close and my good friend jmac jonesing for some new tunes, I thought this would be a good time to recap my favorite artists from the last year. These are not necessarily new artists, just new to me - artists I was introduced to since December of last year. I must say that most of these artists came to me via my brother-in-law and friend, John Eddy. BTW: There is a rumor that John and some buddies may begin a Music/Movie/Book review blog in the near future. I think they should!

Anyway, on to the artists, listed in no particular order:

1. Sufjan Stevens
2. Cat Power
3. Stars
4. Sigur Ros
5. Kanye West
6. Matisyahu
7. Keane
8. Phoenix
9. Feist
10. Kate Earl
11. Death Cab for Cutie
12. Antony and the Johnsons
13. Thievery Corporation
14. Dizzee Rascal
15. The Streets
16. Explosions in the Sky
17. Nada Surf
18. Paris Combo
19. Scissor Sisters
20. Spoon
21. The Unicorns


What artists did you start listening to this past year?

Filed in:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris - go to my blog now. You'll thank me later.

Chris Spinks said...

jmac - I will thank you now! where did you find this? awesome stuff! thanks.

donna said...

i'm in love with sufjan stevens. that's all. :)