8.25.2006

Help! Music Selection Block

I didn't think it could happen. But, here I am toward the end of the month with 40 downloads available for me on my eMusic account, and I cannot find anything that I really want. I am ready for something new. I've downloaded enough white-boy indie pop/rock stuff for a while. Sufjan, Gomez, Josh Rouse, Jose Gonzalez, etc. will keep me going on that front for a while. I would like to get some more hip-hop stuff but I must say I am not thrilled with the "bitches and hoes" and "yeah, yeahs" all over the place. Give me Slick Rick's "Bedtime Story" over Lil' Jon (I think that's his name) any day. I'm also not interested in metal or punk. I'm getting old I guess. Anyway, do you have any suggestions?

Filed in:

3 comments:

Igford said...

Hip Hop eh? Sorry, can't help.

Anonymous said...

The Raconteurs
Dalminjo
Maritime
Muse
Band of Horses
Metallica
Run DMC

Igford said...

Ok. I've got some Hip Hop / Rap for ya.

Fort Minor

Specifically the songs "Where'd you go?" and "Remember the Name" and "Right Now"