2.08.2007

Finetune your listening

Finetune is a new service kind of like Pandora but with the added feature of being able to select specific songs to put into a streaming playlist. It is not a continuous stream like Pandora. The playlists are limited to 45 songs, with no more than three songs by any one artist and no two songs by the same artist in a row. It's actually kind of fun to play around with the creation of a playlist. I noticed some absences in the catalog. No Weepies or Great Lake Swimmers! I did create a playlist beginning with Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap and a few others. I let their recommendations fill it out to 45 songs. Check it out here. There are some social aspects that I have not explored. I don't usually care for the social parts, though it is nice to browse others' playlists. Finetune also allows some embedding in blogs. See below.


NB: Friday's cool things on the web appeared today. I will post something about politics tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments: