3.10.2007

Lent: Day 16

"Among my people are the wicked
who lie in wait like those who snare birds
and like those who set traps to catch people.
Like cages full of birds,
their houses are full of deceit;
they have become rich and powerful
and have grown fat and sleek.
Their evil deeds have no limit;
they do not seek justice.
They do not promote the case of the fatherless;
they do not defend the just cause of the poor.
Should I not punish them for this?"
declares the LORD.
"Should I not avenge myself
on such a nation as this?" (Jeremiah 5:26-29)

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:22b-24)

My time is not yet here; for you any time will do. The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil. (John 7:6b-7)

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14)

No comments: