3.20.2007

Lent: Day 24

How long, LORD, will the wicked,
how long will the wicked be jubilant?
They pour out arrogant words;
all the evildoers are full of boasting.
They crush your people, LORD;
they oppress your inheritance.
They slay the widow and the foreigner;
they murder the fatherless.
They say, "The LORD does not see;
the God of Jacob takes no notice."
Take notice, you senseless ones among the people;
you fools, when will you become wise? (Psalm 94:3-8)

Yet they did not listen or pay attention; they were stiff-necked and would not listen or respond to discipline. (Jeremiah 17:23)

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. (Romans 7:15)

Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval." (John 6:27)

No comments: